Old 08-05-2007, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_3_] cloud dreamer[_3_] is offline

Default keeping my cats out of my garden

Sam wrote:
We also have 2 cats. I plan to lay chicken wire on top of the soil.
Is this a good method? Has anyone tried a motion detector water
sprayer? My husband refuses to put chicken wire around the garden (as
a fence), for aesthetic reasons.

Laying chicken wire works if done properly. The cats don't like to tread
on the narrow wire and can't dig through it. Just lay the wire down and
stick the seeds down in the holes where you want it. The plants will
grow up through the holes.

Standing chicken wire around won't always work as I've seen cats jump my
four foot wire.

..

Zone 5b in Canada's Far East.