Old 08-05-2007, 05:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bent bent is offline

Default Dealing with my Neighbor's Yard

I am waiting a little longer still before I seed. I think it will be done
in 4 to 6 weeks, but doesn't matter when you start, the end is the end.

More than a few times I have tried to get the jump on watering seeds, and
more than a few times I watered at least twice a day for over a month, and
only some came up. I'm in Toronto, not too far from NJ, and I am going to
wait a little longer to put seeds down. If you read the bag the temp has to
stay above 15 C I think, which it is not here yet; but also states a high of
25C I think, it may be other. Anyways, the performance was so poor, and
took so long, that I assumed it was my technique. You can still water seeds
if it is cold, but I think you are almost wasting ALL that time, as the temp
has be in the ideal range, which mother nature takes care of for you if you
wait. You will be waiting anyways. I think the bag says ideal range is
15-25C. When temp is always in there, with the least amount out of that
range I think is the time to do it. Not before, not after, probably. If I
wait a couple weeks more and it doesn't work then, here in TO, then it can't
do done.

The weed killer kills the grass seed, not the grass, but not sure for
exactly how long in practice.