Old 08-05-2007, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.natural-history
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Which storksbill is this?

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote...
Photographed in one of the wilder (woodland) areas at the University of
Liverpool Botanic Gardens, and I had assumed it was wild - there are
several other species growing wild there.

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Geran168.jpg (plant)
http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Geran169.jpg (flowers)
http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Geran179.jpg (flower)

Having checked Keble-Martin I'm suspecting a pale-flowered form of
Geranium phaeum.

Seems to be a problem with the Photos, the first is only the top bit and

the
last won't load at all.
However I would agree with you from what I can see.

The last is a typo. (Sorry!) Try

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Geran170.jpg

The problem with the first is presumably a problem with the network
connection between the hosting company and your computer.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

I agree with Bob, its either a Geranium phaeum or one of its hybrids like x
monocense Anglicum

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk