Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan McKenzie Alan McKenzie is offline

Default How to get a fine tilth in iron hard land?

What I do is to make a bed on my allotment - dig a trench and fill with in
my case old grow bags I have 12 from a friend - add some compost and mix
well.
Let it settle and then sow - fantastic - do the same for my carrots - a
gorgeous crop last year.

Alan
15 mile north of Portsmouth

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
I want to get a fine tilth for sowing parsnip seeds - and the ground is
hard as iron ... not baked clods ... but rather a hard smooth surface.
What can I do?
--
Chris