Old 08-05-2007, 04:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wolf Wolf is offline

Default File sizes (Was At what resolution do you set your Monitor?)

jellybean stonerfish wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2007 22:52:53 -0700, Bob Williams wrote:

Most monitors can be set at any of several screen resolutions (sizes),
anywhere from 800x600 pixels to 1400x1050 pixels or even greater.

[...]

I have mine set to 1280x1024. But it doesn't matter as I set my software to
fit the pic to the window it is in. And + key zooms in if I need to.
I think you should be more concerned with file size. I have a quick
connection, so bigger is ok for me. There may be a few with dialup that
would suffer all the posts were huge.
Is there anyone here with restrictions on file sizes they will download?

stonerfish

On another NG the typical file size is about 500KB, with occasional
posts at 1MB and more. Nobody seems to complain. Image sizes are
typically 1024x768.

HTH

--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)