Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Autumn planted potatoes

On 8 May, 20:00, "Alan McKenzie" wrote:
I've seen advertised potatoes that you can plant to be ready for Christmas
is that what you mean - I plan on trying that this year - I think Charlotte
are a potatothat can be planted then - maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

No you're not. These are planted in July to be harvested for Christmas
- but not planted in the autumn to be harvested in spring. A wet and
warm winter would be fatal for the spuds.