Old 09-05-2007, 01:10 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Source for early Hyacinths in Toronto?

"©anadian Ponder" " wrote in message
.com...
Bill Stock wrote:
Any idea how early/where I can get some WH in Toronto? I didn't keep any
indoors this year, so I fear the dreaded string Algae if I don't get some
coverage soon.

I bought mine from Ebay !!!

Too expensive to get them locally and I am not sure if these can be
shipped across the border but if you do a search some will send them
across.

I buy all my pond plants on Ebay. These garden places must think we are
millionares the way they charge for pond plants. Some charge $50 for tiny
hardy water lilies.

Yeah, they're about $6 a plant in early spring and I probably need 30 if I
want to keep the String Algae at bay.