Old 09-05-2007, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Sunflowers have sprouted!

"betsyb" wrote in
:

My neighbors (other neighbors, not the sunflower slayer) routinely
smash their peonies to bits. They hate them. The guy next to them,
a first time home owner, "weeded" out 12' of old peony bushes without
knowing what they were. He was about to throw them in my fire pit
when I rescued them and replanted them; they are growing in my yard
now. As soon as the foliage dies back, I'm going to get about three
dozen red and yellow tulips from him (he hates them, too) and move
them over here. My neighbors are crazy people. And here they
thought *I* was nuts just because I sometimes graze my horses on my
lawn. At least I have flowers in my yard.

And fertilizer? Heck of a deal..

I have a draft horse. I have enough fertilizer to make this town GREEN.