Old 09-05-2007, 05:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dave Dave is offline

Default keeping my cats out of my garden

"Sam" wrote in message
ups.com...
We also have 2 cats. I plan to lay chicken wire on top of the soil.
Is this a good method? Has anyone tried a motion detector water
sprayer? My husband refuses to put chicken wire around the garden (as
a fence), for aesthetic reasons.

http://www.gardeners.com/Animal-Repe...ult/05-497.prd

or

Contech SCARECROW Motion Animal Control Sprinkler

3 wire high solar-powered electric fence should do the trick. Standard
T-posts will work to hold the insulators. Both common in rural areas.
Keeps my dogs at bay. They used to dig underneath the fence.
Warden Dave