Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Another New Lawn Question

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message

My question is, once most or all the seed is germinated, how much should I
water? I had been watering 4X a day to keep the seed bed damp at all
times as instructed by the lawncare company. I have a sprinkler system,
so watering is no problem.

4 times a day sounds like way overkill to me. It's just not necessary. For
the first week after it germinates, once a day. After that 2 or 3 times a
week for the next couple weeks. But I don't know where you live or your
soil, so I assume it goes without saying to check with the company you
bought from, or the seed company.