Old 29-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Blueberries in Containers

In message , Rodger Whitlock
writes
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:27:01 -0000, Jack wrote:

Does anyone know anything about growing Blueberries? I'm considering
growing one in a container, I

Water: They need steady moisture; never let them go dry.

Yep I must remember to get a couple of large saucers to stand ours in
this year to help keep them from drying out.

Worth the trouble? Depends on whether you like them or not.
Blueberries tend to be quite tart, but given lots of sun and a
warm summer, they can be surprisingly sweet.

I think it's worthwhile as they seem quite trouble free to grow. A
modicum of feeding an enough water and ours have been quite happy.

someone mentioned Blackbirds, we haven't (surprisingly) had much trouble
with the birds taking fruit from our couple of bushes, but Elinor
certainly enjoyed picking and popping them into her mouth last

--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: