Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Acer dissapeared!

On 9/5/07 06:53, in article , "R"
wrote:

Hi URGLers

SWMBO planted 4 new 20" high Acers (2 different types in pairs) last week.

Yesterday morning all were fine and looking good.

When I cam home from work one of the Acers looked decidedly twig like and
only 3" tall...with what appears to be teeth marks around what is left.
There are NO remains anywhere.
So...
It's either Mr Rattus Rattus of A.N.Other predator.

*DO* Rats eat Acers?

or do I have a predatory invisible Acer thief that only likes the leafy
bits?

Have Googled without success thus far

Rabbits possibly. Might be a good idea to get some of spiral plastic tree
guards.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk