Old 09-05-2007, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Open gardens

On 5 May, 22:48, "Rog" wrote:
Used to love visiting gardens with my father many moons ago.
Brooksby agricultural college open day was a highlight, Ingarsby Hall
also was worth a visit though open days were rare.
My wife and I turned up at Barnsdale a little late so will try again this
weekend. Can anyone recommend any gardens within easy reach of east
Leicestershire?
Feel the need to cut down the rounds of golf and get 'ate and abate' :0)

Some garden centres have books listing open gardens in their area.

Thanks Alan will check at Barnsdale tomorrow

The yellow book cost 16 squids! I've got it - just tell me where
you're heading and I could check what's on for you. It will save you
time and money )

Just booked Tatoon Park (and did Harrogate a couple of weeks ago and
Harlow Carr). Harrogate was such a disappointment. Full of tat stalls
- the amount of rubbish compared with the amount of plants on display
was terrible. Ate a gorgeous bacon and mushrooms butty though.

Anyone's doing Tatoon on the 18th July (RHS members only)? We could
meet for a cuppa cha )