Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
[email protected] roger61611@yahoo.com is offline

Default Tree root damage

Hello, I had to have a tree taken down and in the process I notice
they rant over the large exposed root at the base of another tree and
knocked the bark off the top. Root is 5-6" in diameter (it's a large
tree) and the piece of bark knocked off is about 3" by 6".

Will this hurt the tree ? Should I put something on it ? The root in
question is similar to that seen in this pictu

http://www.treeboss.net/images/buttressing.jpg

Thank you, sorry in advance for the cross-post.