Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default The LBAM are coming!

Looking at it again, most of the host crops seem to be dicots, plantain and
corn are the only monocots listed...

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Bill Bergstrom said somethingn along the lines that it wasn't going to
cause any problems.... I think he's mistaken.

K Barrett
wrote in message
oups.com...
Run for the Hills!

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/phpps/pdep/lbam_main.htm

Anything that effects the movement of plants though california effects
the movement and cost of orchids from Hawaii and California to and
from almost everywhere else in the USA.

I have already recieved emergency emails from many of my hawaiian
orchid vendors telling me of the new restrictions and the added cost
of inspection for shipments leaving their nurseries. Oh yippy.