Old 09-05-2007, 08:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bent bent is offline

Default Dealing with my Neighbor's Yard

You're right, I may need to water more frequently than I do, i.e. more than
twice daily. However I stand by everything I said . Here in Toronto, it
wasn't until the last day or two that the temperature did not drop down
into low single digits consistently for nights (great part of all of our 24
hour periods). That has to be balanced (equally?) with the period above
around 25C, a very small number so far.

Scotts Turfbuilder Kentucky Bluegrass bag says:

"Seed germinates best when temperatures are consistently 15 to 26C
(60-80F)."
"Seed will not germinate well once temperatures are consistently above 26C."

BUT it does also say

Early spring, when temps are 5-21C (40-70F) is the ideal time to seed."

You may think you have won, but I reject your reality and substitute my own.
But I'm in a diff place (Toronto), I am looking at the temps here, and my
past experience. I think temps will be consistently too high soon. I think
it will take a month, start to finish, before all watering can stop. Thats
under the very best of circumstances. Anything else not being as they are
(starting now) would only add to this month.