Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bent bent is offline

Default Dealing with my Neighbor's Yard

It says to water twice daily to keep the top 1cm of soil damp until all
seedlings are up, then water once or twice daily until the lawn is fully
established (6-8 weeks). I am sure I kept up my watering for the
recommended time, but my dissapointment was obvious. This is why I have a
different feeling on this topic now.

For fall, it says temps best when consistently below 26C (actually late
sumer in many areas), & seeding should be completed 6-8 weeks BEFORE temps
are expected to fall below 5C. It stated the seeding itself takes 6-8
weeks so, in fall, start 12-16 weeks before a 5C is expected (" before
temperatures are expected to fall below 5C"); not consistently below 5C.
Thats 3, up to 4 months. It hasn't been 3 to 4 days yet here.

Just a note, your local governement environmental agencies keep records of
all precipitation and temps for the last (....150 years or so), and can be
bought, or researched in several different package forms from their offices.
Or it may be available to the majority, possibly online, possibly by zone.