Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Electric Strimmers.

On Wed, 09 May 2007 17:03:24 GMT, Jabber wrote:

Hi, can anyone recomend an electric strimmer that will deal with rough
grass/nettles etc. It needs to be light and easy to manage. Thanks.

I doubt you'll find an electric strimmer with enough grunt to cope with
nettles or tussock type grass. My experience of an electric strimmer was
that it stuggled with more than half a dozen blades, not stems, of
grass...

Nettles are tough, the fibres can be extracted and made into cloth or
rope. I really think you need to look at a petrol jobbie of some sort I
have one similar to:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=27583

--
Cheers