Old 09-05-2007, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default How to get a fine tilth in iron hard land?

On 9 May, 20:34, Chris ] wrote:
Agreed - I had put my spuds in half of it.

) I've started using the side of the peas and broad beans rows and
put in the courgettes. I'm training them into a circle to save on
space. I've even put some carrots in a tub at the back of the house
and planted sorrel between the astrantia and verbena. I've put half a
dozen pink fur spuds in another tub (those large ones which look like
they're made of metal but they're not). It's just a matter of making
sure everything as just about enough room. Your parsnip could be happy
next to your onions or even bergamot - both are wonderful companion
plants.