Old 10-05-2007, 01:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default How old is your oldest fish?

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Our oldest fish are koi, now aged 11 years. We have hadn no deaths in
their cohort. They have fed on whatever they could get plus the
catfish food Jim gives them. They swim in our 2,900 gal main pond
that is 2' deep except in the 3 x 5 deep well, where it is 7' deep.

My two Koi, who were accidentally poisoned by the termite exterminators, a
Gohon and a Kohaku, were 15 years old. The 'survivor' was a 15 yo GF.

BTW I'm really happy to see the way this group has come together and the
fine work by the moderators. I'd contribute more, but I'm out of active
ponding for the nonce. I do check it every day and read selected threads
(like this one).

~Semper Fi~