Old 10-05-2007, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default When deadhead Clivia?

On May 8, 10:50 am, Persephone wrote:

As to the ORBs, if I let them form, won't I be inhibiting
the plant from putting up new flower spikes in next cycle?

P.
I just realized I meant to say something re this question

Do your Clivias rebloom later in the summer/fall?
Or are they one-time bloomers?
If they are one timers, then it doesn't matter when
or if you deadhead or leave ORBS. The plants will
bloom OK next year.
But if they DO rebloom. then yes, they should be deadheaded
right after the first blooms fade in order to rebloom later in the
summer/fall of the same year. (:does that make sense?)

OT: have just been watching the Griffith Park fire. Very BAD.
are you near the park? I remember many wonderful hours
spent at the various venues of Griffith Park (many years ago)
2% humidity!!!WOW that is really LOW.

Emilie
NorCal