Old 10-05-2007, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Anyone recognise this maple?

On 10 May, 14:49, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Janet Tweedy
My snake bark leaves are much more incised Stewart.

I'm not going to insist that it's a snake-bark, but that group seemed
the best match in Mitchell. There's several species of snake-bark maples
- Mitchell includes Aa. davidii, crataegifolium, pensylvanicum,
rufinerve, hersii, capillipes and forestii, and also mentions A.
laxiflorum. The degree of lobing varies within and between species; for
example some forms of A. davidii have, fide Mitchell, unlobed leaves.

I'd still think it's the pensylvanicum - though does the bark get its
stipes as the tree gets older?