Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default keeping my cats out of my garden

In article ,
wrote:

That's an interesting idea!

I might have to try that for "behavior modification" here.
While I've managed to train them to stay off of the kitchen counters and
stove top using upside down mouse traps, the dining room table is still
an area of contention.

If the table won't be damaged by water, use the trusty spray bottle
to convey your message.

Spray bottle indoors or water hose outdoors: Cats will grok.

The problem is is that they know better. That's why the water pistol
won't work. The upside down mousetraps are "remote training". ;-)

Anecdote: Neighbor (not a nice person from way back) turned me in to
the animal control folks because my cat had committed a heinous crime:
He lay down on a leaf of a plant in this guy's big planter!!!! Caused
me no end of distress as I was just leaving for China, and my house
matewas in the hospital with a heart attack. Who feed cat??? Point
is, neighbor could easily have deterred the cat permanently with a
blast from the hose.

There is a jerk born every minute. :-(

Perhaps adding oranges or even lemons to the fruit bowl might work. ;-)
I use more lemons than I do oranges for cooking.

You'd need to cut up the fruit to release that cat-repelling parfum.

Persephone

I see. Okay, when I squeeze a lemon, I'll leave the peel on the table
for awhile before it goes into the compost. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.