Old 10-05-2007, 10:05 PM posted to austin.gardening
cc cc is offline

Default landscape question re dividers with next yard

On May 9, 6:26 pm, WoolyGooly wrote:
On 9 May 2007 15:35:05 -0700, cc wrote:

My apologies if this is not the right forum..

I have Bermuda Tiff 419 grass, my neighbor has St. Augustine ( I
think)..his grass has runners that grow under the fence line and take
root in my yard. I spend too much time pulling the runners up and it
really creates problems.

Was thinking of putting in stone footing under fence, so that I could
at least easily use a weedeater to cut the runners off..lots of work
(on a hill, would have to remove panels, dig trend, mortar the stones,
etc in order to stop the runners from growing through.

Anyone have an easier solution??

Metal edging. Comes in rolls, whack it in with a mallet.

same green metal stuff used for bordering flower beds?