Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default OT. F**king Ramblers

On 10 May, 21:37, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
Some "ramblers" decided the style between the busy main road and a public
footpath over one of my fathers fields was too high so they removed a couple
of bars. The first we knew of this was when an anxious motorist knocked on
the door to say he had just narrowly escaped a head on collision with a cow
as he drove around a blind bend - our cows had escaped over what remained of
the style and were strolling along the main road! Lucky nobody was killed!

Is this a rehearsal for 'Grumpy Old Men'?! I'm kidding.

I've walked with my family for over 20 years and you know I've never
ever met any Ramblers, or I might have but never really knew they
were. What do they look like? On saturday we did a fantastic walk
between Grasmere and Rydal Water, we started at Elterwater through Low
Wood, Red Bank, Loughrigg Cave and fell, Lanty Scar, down to Loughrigg
tarn, got lost for about an hour and ended at Skelwith Bridge. But a
pub waited for us at 7.30 with a sunset for desert. What a beautiful
Cumbria it was. Don't blame us for wanting to walk. It's so beautiful.

This is my favourite photo of hundreds I've taken, it was a hard
choice.

http://cjoint.com/?fkxx23koSg