Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default OT. F**king Ramblers

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Angus wrote ...
Ramblers origins come from Manchester Communists.

Have you ever heard of a commie that can keep his/her mouth shut?

They're a blight on the countryside.

I must admit that when I'm out for a quiet walk in the Surrey Hills which
includes watching wildlife etc and come across the usual platoon of
chattering Ramblers which I can usually hear from half a mile away I
would tend to agree with you.
I also don't agree with their philosophy that the countryside must be
100% for them alone and that they won't share it with anybody else, like
4x4 drivers. But then I also drive a mud covered 1986 Landrover 90 (our
mobile allotment shed!).

Being both a walker and a 4X4 owner who occasionally enjoys a trundle
around a few high level unsurfaced county roads and BOAT's I does **** me
off that the ramblers association seems to want all lanes restricted to
walkers. They already enjoy thousands of miles of public footpaths against
a miniscule few hundred miles of vehicle rights of way.

The Ramblers Assoc is missnamed, it should really be called The High Speed
Walkers Assoc, as they do NOT 'ramble' they run through the countryside, and
never, ever stop to look at anything around them!

Mike