Old 11-05-2007, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Electric Fence to keep Groudhogs Out

In article ,
(---Pete---) wrote:

Everyone,
Last year,in just about 5 days, the ground hogs detroyed my 100 sq ft
garden plot that had a 3 foot fence surrounding it. They climbed up
the fence and went right over it. Bascially I have a 50 foot length of
fence, 3 foot tall, made into a rectagnular shape.

I'm thinking I need to electrify this fence to keep the ground hogs
out. Does anyone here have a recommendation on what kit
to get and where to buy it?

How are the battery operated units as oppsoed to AC powered?
How often would I need to re-charge the battery?

I'm thinking I need the Electric Energizer, some wire, and
some stand-off/insulators. I can't seem to find a kit online.

Do they actually work for keeping ground hogs out?
How about squirels?

---pete---

How about a high powered air rifle?
--