Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default goats

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...

Train them to strap collars, and then tether them. Make sure the ropes
are too substantial to be chewed, and that there is nothing for the ropes
to snag on.

Goats are tricky. When I was a kid, we had this pygmy goat named Christopher
who would ALWAYS get loose and go eat the neighbor's orchids. Didn't matter
how he was tied up, he'd find a way out. My mother would have a collar on
him and she'd have it on tight enough so he couldn't get it over his head,
but not so tight his breathing would be affected, but he still got loose.
Chains didn't work either. He'd find a way out. Didn't hesitate to butt
either. Always had to keep a lookout when I was playing in the yard. One
time I remember I got chased by him and I actually climbed up the SCREEN
door(had that aluminum decorative stuff that I used to hold on to) and I
think I remember mom chasing him off with a screwdriver(I'm not sure I'm
remembering right 'bout the screwdriver because it doesn't make much sense,
but that's how I remember it).