Old 11-05-2007, 12:20 PM
umpazall umpazall is offline
Registered User

Location: London
Default Watering Advice for a Gardening Newbie, (Drip Irrigation)

Hi all, my first post on a gardening board,

I have been gardening only 2 years since I bought a house (I am 25), so I have been feeling my way along,

One thing I really need help on is how often to water, I have a 90ft garden with lots of bed space, it takes me a good hour to water with a hose, so I installed a drip irrigation system this easter to save me time, what I want to know is, how often should I water and for how long?

I have mostly new plants as I started with a yard full of weeds two years ago, all my plants are between 1 and 4 years old (some were 2 years old when I planted them).

I have all kinds of things as the wife and I just picked things randomly over the last two years, I dont have any annuals, but I have perenial flowers, shrubs, fruit trees, conifers, you name it.

I have clay soil.

Also how often should I feed my plants? HELP? :-)