Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Elephant garlic - 3 questions

Got some more elephant garlic bulbs today, 3 questions I have about them.

Some of the blubs have been vut, maybe with a trowel when dug up. Can they
be planted or will they rot and are best eaten now?

Some of the bulbs are really quite big, all with roots on. Can I halve them
and expect them to grow?

As said, the bulbs are quite big. I guess after a season they will produce a
bulb equally big. Is there any benefit in harvesting them after 1 season
when all I get is about what I planted. Better to leave them 2 seasons to
grow cloves?

rob