Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default OT. F**king Ramblers

On 11 May, 09:55, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
A key identifier of a "rambler" rather than people out for a walk enjoying
the countryside, is their "attitude". They could care less for anything
other than what they believe is their God given right to roam freely across
farmland, damaging crops, letting out livestock etc. Out style had been sawn
through to make it easier for them to cross! The average walker or child
vandal doesn't go for walks miles away from towns armed with a hand saw.
They were obviously too bloody minded to consider that the consequence of
their actions could actually kill somebody.

I hope these lunatics can be counted on one hand. I've had a look at
the Ramblers Assoc. Looks fairly sane and well organised. There's
14,000 members! Blimey. You've given a disturbing story - and I feel
for you and am sorry for the damage you got. But be reassured to know
that if we see anyone behaving like what you describe, I'll be the
first one to make sure these lunatics are stopped and when we go on
one of our 'adventures' we are always respecting private properties,
never go where we shouldn't go and we step lightly everywhere and
never leave a reminder we've been there.

On another note, how is it going in Normandy?! Managed to get rid of
all the brambles/nettles etc? Any pictures?!