Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT. F**king Ramblers

On 11/5/07 12:19, in article ,
"David (Normandy)" wrote:
snip
Things are going well in Normandy. The countryside (lots of hills and
valleys) around here looks a lot like the Cumbrian countryside photo you
posted the link to. The main difference is that here is much greener with
lots of grass and trees rather than heather and sparse grass. I've not
updated the blog for ages. Been too busy with one thing or another.
It is still a fight against all the weeds, they grow faster than I can hoe /
pull / kill them. At the moment I'm getting the upper hand, but it is an
ongoing battle. I'm determined not to let any go to seed this year - that
happened last year in one part of the veg plot and I'm plagued with
thousands of weed seedlings in that area now.

David.

Normandy is very like South Devon which is probably why my old village was
twinned with Trevieres! The Normans themselves commented on it when they
paid return visits to Devon. Cumbria is of course, famous for its lakes,
fells and dramatic landscape. In Devon, the drama is mostly confined to the
moors and the rest is green and lush with steep combes in the north of the
county and more shallow, rolling landscapes in the south.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk