Old 11-05-2007, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default OT. F**king Ramblers

On 11 May, 12:19, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
Farmers and walkers can all get on together fine provided their is mutual
respect.

True. I've recently seen a disturbing programme called 'The lie of the
land'. I insisted my kids watch it - it was heart breaking how much we
(the consumers) are destroying this beautiful country and a way of
life with our demands. At least I'm reassured that it's not my
demands. I'm carreful and cautious with what I buy, consume and
demand. If only everybody could just wake up and help these poor
farmers. Maybe Gordon will do something about it ....?

Things are going well in Normandy. The countryside (lots of hills and
valleys) around here looks a lot like the Cumbrian countryside photo you
posted the link to. The main difference is that here is much greener with
lots of grass and trees rather than heather and sparse grass. I've not
updated the blog for ages. Been too busy with one thing or another.
It is still a fight against all the weeds, they grow faster than I can hoe /
pull / kill them. At the moment I'm getting the upper hand, but it is an
ongoing battle. I'm determined not to let any go to seed this year - that
happened last year in one part of the veg plot and I'm plagued with
thousands of weed seedlings in that area now.

Oh David, get a goat honestly!! My cousin is getting two ponies for a
bit of land she simply cannot manage. She's not sure they're going to
eat what she doesn't like, but at least they'll tremple the weeds. And
the kids will ride the ponies.