Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Unusual Veggies

On 11 May, 17:17, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
I've gone mad this year and planted seeds for vegetable I've never heard of.
Has anyone else done the same?

(snip)
Anyone else planted weird and wonderful veggies with no idea what to expect?

I've done salsify and melon too, mine are Charentais and I'm doing
radis noir as well. I eat them row though, not boiled! Just eat them
'a la croque' with a bit of salt like ordinary radishes or you can
make a sauce for it, with some fromage blanc. Take on raddish, peal
and put to the mixer, add 2 spoon full or oil and the creme fraiche.
Eat with cold meats and salad. (I'm starving!!)

But I've also tried red Brussels Sprouts. Yep, red ones. I sown them
at the same time as ordinary ones. I got them from Challock in Kent
and so far so good. I can't wait to see these grow.