Old 11-05-2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
©anadian Ponder[_2_] ©anadian Ponder[_2_] is offline

Default Source for early Hyacinths in Toronto?

Kurt wrote:
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"©anadian Ponder" " wrote in message
.com...
I buy all my pond plants on Ebay. These garden places must think we are
millionares the way they charge for pond plants. Some charge $50 for tiny
hardy water lilies.

==========================
Do you have access to a Wal*Mart store? They sell pond plants for less than
$6 each, sometimes less than $5 each. I picked up more than a few there
over the past few years and all have thrived including water lilies. They
sell the red, pink, white and one time the mini changables.... all for under
$6.00.

$1.99 per clump (hefty clumps) at the local nursery (Green Thumb) here
in Ventura, CA. Picked up some fertilizer spikes, more hyacinth and some
more parrot feather yesterday.

ENJOY !!!

Here in Canada retailers think ponds are for the rich and they "jack up
" the prices. Even Walmart sells their lilies for over $20.00.