Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Brown water!

yes, a flocculent. alum is aluminum sulfate. cheaper to get it but
dont use it in acid ponds or ponds with low hardness.

I guess I would start with some water changes to physically get rid of
stuff. once you have some liquid calcium or something. call Jo Ann
and ask her where she gets hers. She has that acid soft water down in
Alabama and they change 3000 gallons per day on their pond for their
monster koi. 251-649-4790
Ingrid

On Wed, 9 May 2007 12:51:11 CST, Joan wrote:
Is that a flocculent? I did add a flocculent once (Pond Care brand);
used the recommended dose; no great change.