Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kthirtya kthirtya is offline

Default May update

So... how are the ponds coming??
Anyone have a lily flower yet?
Hyacinths starting to mulitply?
Frogs spawning?

We are in zone 7 so we are just now starting
warm weather.
The pond is clearing up. The hornswort has
taken off.
Creeping jenny is creeping along nicely.
The island is really spectacular this year.
Must be 50 yellow iris blooms on it right now.
We've got lily pads up but haven't seen any
buds yet.

We have had a visit from the biggest blue
heron I've ever seen. Very skittish. The dogs
and I entered the kitchen and that was enough
to spook him. He took off and came straight
towards the house.

k :-)