Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Electric Strimmers.

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
My husband bought me a Viking TE 410 which I expect is a bit weak and
girly for the really tough stuff, My OH has the big brush cutter but I
cannot handle that so by using the Viking in the less overgrown areas I
feel that I am doing something to help.
My only complaint is that because it is electric it does not reach very
far without using extension which leads me to my query, how many extension
can one safely use.

kate

To operate my hedge trimmer at the bottom of the garden at my last house, I
made an extension lead out of a 100 metre reel of cable. I used extensions
on that as well.

No limit 'within reason' i.e., 2 x 100 metre reels is getting silly for
safety reasons.

Make sure any long lead is unreeled and not left in a coil for near use.
Make sure trip breakers are used.
Mind the lead with children about.
Don't run vehicles over them.
Don't 'yank' at the lead if it gets snagged on something, go and see what it
is.

ELECTRICITY BITES. Respect it, it will not respect you whatever your name is
and however long you have been gardening.

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk