Old 12-05-2007, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Electric Strimmers.

My only complaint is that because it is electric it does not reach very
far without using extension which leads me to my query, how many extension
can one safely use.

kate

In principle you can use as many extension leads as it takes. There was a
rather heated discussion of this very topic on here a few weeks ago.
Provided the cable is fully unwound from the drums and is of suitable rating
and not been "bent to death" over the years, then there is no problem using
extensions as long as it takes. Always use an RCD in case you cut the cable
though (at the primary mains socket in the house / garage etc where you plug
the first extension lead into).

--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk