Old 12-05-2007, 11:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default May update

I put the Tropical Lilies out today. I had 4 bagged, I'll have to report
later what re-sprouts. I wish I could have gotten them out last weekend,
but too much going on. Taro will go out tomorrow to harden off and get use
to real sunshine.

Tadpoles are growing quickly in the lily pond. Lots of marginals to divide
tomorrow, I'll need to pull out the kiddy pond, first time in a couple
years, to hold all the divides. I figure since our really nice pond plant
specialty store closed I better go back into business. :-( Plus I still
have a gazillion old nursery pots to use up, and lots of dirt coming out of
the new hole for the lily pond filter.... finally getting put in this year.
DS removed the sod from the area last weekend. Parts came this week.

Speaking of our closed specialty store, they had a left over pond equipment
yard sale today. After adding it up I saved over $50. I'm quite sure I got
over $60 worth of merchandise for $10.50! ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us