Old 12-05-2007, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ash Williams Ash Williams is offline

Default I'm about to eviscerate a lot of squirrels if I can't get some help.

On 11 May 2007 16:11:06 -0700, foo wrote:

If necessary I will build a squirrel sanctuary. One with plenty of
weeds and expensive organic soil for them to dig through- sort of like
a bat house. They can sit there fancy-free and munch away at things
that nobody cares about. I will provide them a steady supply of nuts
during the winter and even crack them for them to not damage their
teeth. I will provide yearly dental checkups just in case. I will
warm their squirrel house's with a nice warm incandescent glow so they
may dine together on things OTHER THAN MY PLANTS.

Thank your your your attention to this pressing matter.

You just gave the answer. However, unless you see them in pots, as
you say, "living in them" they are not what is doing the damage.
Squirrels don't eat seedlings that I know of. They eat nuts, fruits,
and seeds, acorns, etc.

I just came in and there are aborted peaches on the ground and my
husband asked me if I thought it was the squirrels and I said, "I
don't care if it is."

Let it go. Killing is the worst thing you could do for yourself.
Please avoid that at all costs. Not to save the squirrels, but to
save the nightmare you'll have when you are a squirrel in another
lower life.