Old 29-03-2003, 04:08 AM
B & J

Default begonies

"Françoise" wrote in message
What I have been doing for the past 2 years was making cuttings of tuberous
begonia in the falls. I have now 20 cuttings flowering on and off in the
house
right now. It is beautiful

Françoise.

It surprises me that you are able to propagate tuberous begonias from
cuttings taken in the fall. My tuberous begonias became dormant each fall,
and the leaves fell off and the stems died back. It's possible to start them
from stem cuttings taken early in the spring, but growing the tuber to a
size that will survive the natural dormancy period in one growing season is
difficult, but not impossible. Are you sure you're not talking about
fiberous begonias, particularly if they're flowering in the house right now?
My tuberous begonias never began flowering before June.

John