Old 12-05-2007, 02:20 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Buddy Buddy is offline

Default Do some plants grow only at night?

I came across the following quote, and many plants are
nocturnal, plants of the nightshade family; tomatoes, potatoes,
peppers, eggplant, etc. only grow at night... they store up energy
during daylight but don't actually grow until it's dark.

Is this true? Can anyone site a source for this information?

I know most plants consume CO2 in the day and O2 at night, but the above
statement seems counter intuitive.
TIA

--
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't hold his head under 'til
the bubbles stop.