Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kthirtya kthirtya is offline

Default Are Oxygenators Needed If Have No Fish

I ran a shallow water pond, the 'bog', for years
without fish.
Also consider my pond more of a wildlife pond,
with fish, as all are welcome at my pond including
herons.

What you want to do is mimic a natural pond.
Natural ponds have lots of water, a few fish,
lots of critters and plants galore. So put in
underwater plants - oxygenators, put don't
worry about a stocking rule as you don't have
the fish to worry about.

k :-)