Old 12-05-2007, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Stachyurus for Nick

On 12/5/07 19:32, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes:
| Nick, the friend with the Stachyurus came in today and she told me that it
| isn't wind tender in her extremely windy garden. She also gets salt winds
| but hasn't found it to be a problem. I don't think this is much comfort to
| you, unfortunately!
| She did say that, in her garden, the wind is such a problem that the upper
| 'dangles' get blown to bits and she only gets them at the bottom of hers.

Thanks very much.

A couple of young leaf shoots are OK, so I will see whether it picks
up. It may have been grown under cover, and so have been more tender
than a naturally grown plant would have been.

A definite possibility. ;-) We bought a Magnolia wiesneri a few years ago
which Ray gentled on in one of the polytunnels for two years before planting
it out.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk