Old 13-05-2007, 04:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default Propane weed burner question

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
[flup set to a.h.l.g.]

Steve B said:

"Jack S" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've got a rock "lawn" and I would like to quit using herbicide for
killing weeds, and try scorching them instead.

There are a lot of weed / roofing torches on ebay and I was wondering if
there is anything to choose for or against in buying one. The one I'm
leaning toward getting says: "3000+ Fahrenheit" - that's enough, right?

Thanks

Maybe you need better herbicide.

Maybe they don't want to keep chancing that the herbicide will also affect
their plantings.

Maybe they just don't like storing and handling the extra chemicals.

Maybe it's a large area, and they just don't want to keep contaminating
the
ground water, below.

Maybe.

The torch works good, but so many more bad
things can happen when using flames.

How many rocks can you name, that are flammable?

--

Eggs

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
weird, people take prozac to make it normal.

It's really a simple thing. No need to make so many guesses. Just get a
flame thrower and give it a whirl. What's the worst that could happen using
a device that can melt steel and then some? (2500F) A little fire? Some
nasty burns? The OP asked for opinions. I am sorry that by stating mine, I
made you so angry.

Steve