Old 13-05-2007, 02:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default Cyp. acaule

They can be cultivated, but most people don't do well with them. They like
_very_ acid conditions (they mostly grow in pine forests). I think the
preferred pH is a little over 4. I'm probably not keeping mine acidic
enough (I got some on a rescue from a construction site about 5 years ago).
The recent recommendations I've heard are to water them with something like
1/3 cup vinegar per gallon of water. Not sure what that would do to the
crabapple tree they're currently growing under.
-danny

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Nice to see some "native Americans" on this site, Danny.

How difficult are they to cultivate?

John

"danny" wrote in message news:BAh1i.1330$t7.401@bigfe9...
These were taken in a state park a bit northwest of Atlanta. We got
there very late in the day and there wasn't much light left, so I didn't
have time to get any good closeups. I was also playing with two cameras
which didn't help. I still need to get a good tripod to use with the
DSLR.
-danny