Old 13-05-2007, 11:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
21Rouge 21Rouge is offline

Default Need a cascading flowering hanging basket in the shade

On May 13, 5:43 am, "~~ Shelly ~~" ~~ Shelly
wrote:
"David E. Ross" advised:

Try impatiens.

What about petunias? They'll bloom as long as you keep feeding, watering,
and pinching off the spent blooms. There are many varieties made for
hanging baskets, and if you bring them indoors in the fall, they'll continue
to bloom. I've done it, but have to admit, that after a while they get to
be too leggy and not nearly so nice, so then I throw them out to freeze and
die.

~~ Shelly ~~

HI Shelly,

We would for sure use petunias and there are even ones that require
minimal pinching but facing north under the eve provides less sun than
I may have led you to believe in my initial post. Keep trying .