Old 13-05-2007, 01:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Buried Underground Hose Question

On 12 May 2007 21:16:55 -0700, wrote:

For a part of a diy home project me and my mates need to burry a
length of standard garden hose underground permanently.
My question is will the hose biodegrade? if so.. is there a specific
type of hose that wouldnt biodegrade that i could use?

The garden hose might last 3-4 years depending on a lot of things.
[how good is the hose? how hot/cold does it get/ acidity of soil. . .
]

Use black plastic pipe. Should last at least 30 years- and it is
cheaper than hose. [or was last time I bought some]
Here's a link to a US supplier-
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52...ater-line.aspx
Check a hardware store in your part of the world.

Jim