Old 13-05-2007, 09:35 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Worms

"Jonno" wrote in message
bassett wrote:
"Spiny Norman" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:59:11 +1000, "RooBoy"
wrote in aus.gardens:

Yep I apprecaite that, I am more looking to put worms into my garden
beds
and maybe compost too

As I understand it the worms sold for worm farms will not survive in
the garden they are particular type of worm

not your average earthworm

The worm used in compost heaps is usually Eisinia fetida 0ften caslled a
manure worm or a brandling or a red wriggler) and it is different to the
type of worm that we mostly see in the garden. IIRC, the worm which most of
us would call the common old garden earthworm, is an introduced worm.